Play in duo with wife for over a decade, mostly in Alaska as UltraLuscious - 60 gigs & once house band for liquor store. Seeking cool rhythm section and gigs in East Mesa, Apache Junction and surrounding areas. Originals and select blues, folk, rock & country.
Freedom and the ability to say what otherwise cannot be translated by language. Music is the closest I can get to sharing the impossibly beautiful swirl of thoughts that a sunrise or making love or hugging my father engenders. The thought of smelling a rose or making someone smile is invisible except through the beautiful and joyful gift and blessing that is music....for me anyway! :-)
To create the music that is gifted to me and heard by me in my head and share with others
Changing myself to be better relative to my previous self.
The entire Blood on the Tracks album by Bobby Dylan
Pixies, Go Gos, Rolling Stones, Leonard Cohen, Nina Simone, Muddy Waters, Eric Johnson, Buddy Guy, Jimi Hendrix, AC DC, UltraLuscious
It is my pyramid and time is of the essence.
To create in simple, melodic terms very broad themes that everyone can relate to. If you have ever loved and lost for instance or if you have just had unbridled joy because of your child or loved one.
Scared and attentive. 90% of live performance is being a roadie and the other 10% is hyperawareness of what each other person is doing within the context of playing the song and trying not to be the weak link. I hear the song in real time, same as the audience. I am jealous of those who can lose themselves to the music. When I do that, I just lose the tune.
The Internet has provided more opportunities and it is wonderful as everyone loves to make music even those with limited skills. Technology enables many to create and that is a wonderful thing for humanity.
Love it! Super cool and very happy to be a member of this dynamic group of talented artists. Many thanks for letting me hang out!
Changing guitar strings and paying dues to get gigs in a new place.
Yes, I always go see friends play when they have gigs, of course!
Technical savvy to be able to share their creations with the largest possible audience. Also, the realization that they are living the dream whether discovered or toiling under the radar. Live that dream!
Too many to name but take a listen to Black Joe Lewis and Ultraluscious!